Tuesday 16 December 2014

Try Out Tuesday: Helen E Cosmetics (Blogmas Day 16)

Hello everyone and welcome to blogmas day 16! Today it is Tuesday, so it is time for me to try something new out. I am going to be reviewing Helen E cosmetics today as, if you read my Clothes Show Haul post, you would know that I got the Helen E goodie bag! I will also link all of the products to their website.


The first product I am going to talk about is the Concealer pot. I will admit, it is kind of difficult to apply this at first as it seems to have a harder shell which isn't as pigmented, but once you use it for a bit it is really creamy and conceals blemished very well. The shade I got was also spot on so that's good. But I would recommend this. I would rate it a 3.5/5.



The next product is the Skin Smoother. When I first opened it, I was so bummed that it was too dark for me. However, after going on the website, I realised that they only do one shade because it adapts to your skin tone. So I tried it again, but I wasn't overly impressed. Now this may be unfair as I am very pale but it didn't fully blend in to my skin and some patches on my face looked a bit darker than others. Therefore, I would recommend this product if you are a bit more tanned and want light coverage makeup. I would rate this product a 2.5/5.


This is Helen E's Eyeliner. I have recently been using this product for school days as I don't want extreme eye makeup. When I apply this, I put a thin line on and blend it out so it makes a subtle smoky eye look. I do think this product has good staying power as it usually lasts all day and it applies quite nicely for a Kohl eyeliner. I would definitely recommend this one if you want to go for the more natural, subtle look as I just wouldn't recommend Kohl eyeliner in general for a more extreme eye makeup style. I would rate this a 3.5/5.


The next product is their double ended mascara. So one end is to define and the other side is to add volume. I have to say with this one, it's kind of a love/ hate thing with this mascara. It does definitely make my eyelashes darker, but the 'volume' side often makes my eyelashes clumpy and it doesn't really do much for my eyelashes in general.(baring in mind my eyelashes are naturally really long, it makes them look shorter). So I kind of like the 'define' side but the 'volume' side doesn't do much for my eyelashes at all, so for that reason, I wouldn't recommend this product. I would rate it a 2/5.


Okay, this is their lip crayon. I got it in shade 'Raspberry Crush' which is a nudey/ peach colours. I have to say, I actually like this product a lot. If you have read my review of the Kiko Lip pencil, you will know that I much prefer lip pencils/ lip crayons to lipstick. Anyway, I think the shade is really nice and goes quite nicely with my green eyes and pale skin. Also, the consistency is quite creamy when you apply it, so it is still moisturising. It also lasts quite a long time. I would definitely recommend this product and I would rate it a 4/5.



 Last but not least is the Gloss Balm (I guess that's just a fancy way of saying lip gloss?). Anyway, when I got given this, I thought 'great another tacky, cheap lip gloss. I think we all know, there is nothing worse than having super sticky lip gloss. I mean, I was expecting that, but I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't that sticky at all and was very moisturising. I got it in the shade 'Bon Bon', which was one of their lighter shades. I do think that they could potentially bring out more colours as it is only pinks so far. However, I would recommend this and I would rate it a 4/5.


That was it for my (very long) Helen E Cosmetics review! I hope you found this helpful. As usual, make sure you check out my blog tomorrow for a new blogmas post. Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Helen E Cosmetics before. It looks interesting, so I may give it a try.
    Bright Shiny Day

    ReplyDelete