Friday 12 December 2014

DIY Christmas Countdown! (Blogmas Day 12)

Hello and welcome to Blogmas day 12! Today is another DIY home decor but I'll be honest, I love doing them. So as the title says, I am going to be showing you how to make this DIY Christmas Countdown. It is very simple and easy but adorable once finished.

The first thing you need to do is get a chalk board. Now if you don't own one, then you can get a piece of wood/ plastic and spray with chalk paint.  I already had a chalk board so I could just skip this step. However, the boarder was blue so I decided to paint it white because bright blue isn't really a Christmas colour. So I just let that dry for a while and once it is completely dry, it is time to put some ribbon or string to hang it up. Obviously, that is optional, you don't need to have it hanging up, you could just rest it on a surface, but for me, I wanted to hang it up. I kept the ribbon in place by putting a couple of nails in the back of the wooden frame. And then you basically write what you want to put on the chalkboard. For me I put Days 'Til Christmas with some Christmas hollies at the side, but that is completely up to you!

So that was it! That is all you need to do to get this cute Christmas Chalkboard Countdown! As I said before it is very simple and it makes such a nice addition to all the Christmas decorations. As usual, make sure you check out my blog tomorrow for another Blogmas post. Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments: