Wednesday 3 December 2014

DIY Christmas Tree! (Blogmas Day 3)

Hello everyone and welcome to day three of Blogmas! Today I am going to show you how I made this DIY Christmas Tree. I think this is a pretty cute idea for someone who isn't able to put a real tree up in their room but still want to incorporate a tree somehow in their decorations.(like me, lol). It is very simple so literally anyone could do this.

You Will Need:
  • Paper/ Card( if you want it to be sturdier)
  • Paint
  • Sequins (optional)
Okay, so to start off I made a cone shape with the paper and glued it together. Cut off the excess paper at the bottom so it has a flat surface and is able to stand properly. Once it is the right shape and is secure, start painting it green. After you have let the paint dry, you can either use ribbon or fabric to create the tinsel or do it how I did and it on. As you can see in the image, I painted it red, but it is your preference on what colour you choose. When doing this, please make sure you don't use too much paint as it will drip, like it did the first time I tried to make this, haha. Anyway, once you've let the paint dry again, it's time to apply the sequins! Again, if you don't have any sequins you can just paint the baubles on, but I wanted to use sequins to give it a more 3D effect. Now, of course, a tree is not complete without a star on top so for the star I just used a template to create a star shape (because I'm crap at drawing stars). Once, you cut it out, I just stuck it on to a cocktail stick and put it through a little whole at the top. This just helps it stay in place a bit better.
Once you have done this, your Christmas tree is complete!

Okay, that's all you need to do to make these Christmas trees! I think they are a cute addition to your Christmas decorations and are so simple to make. Make sure, to check out my blog tomorrow for another Blogmas post!


No comments:

Post a Comment