Thursday 22 January 2015

Skincare: Oily Skin

Hello everyone and today I want to start a new series on this blog where I talk about skincare and how to deal with different types of skin. So I just thought I would start it out with Oily Skin and hope this might help someone out there.

I guess I will start out with the science part of all of this, but still very important, and this is how oily skin is caused. Now there are many factors that can make oily skin occur and once you can identify these causes, it will make it simpler for you to prevent it. Some causes are things such as the weather, hormonal changes, medications, overuse/ incorrect use of beauty products, unhealthy diet and stress. Obviously, some of these factors can be prevented such as unhealthy/ unbalanced dieting and incorrect uses of products, but there are causes such as genetics which can not be cured. However, there are tips on how to control and maintain oily skin and I am going to be sharing these tips and tricks that I have discovered.

When it comes to skincare, a lot of people assume that it's just cleanser, toner, moisturiser etc. However, having oily skin can make skincare a lot more complicated than you might assume. The first tip that you need to know is that things such as moisturisers and exfoliators can actually make oily skin worse because it is giving you excess oil that your skin does not need. So if you still want to use a moisturiser, make sure you are using one which is light and oil-free. Similarly, if you use a cleanser and toner, make sure it is alcohol and acetone free. It is also suggested to use a clay masque once a week to help tighten pores and prevent them from getting clogged as blackheads is a very standard result of having oily skin. I  would recommend the 'Quick Fix Facials Anti-Blemish Mud Mask' because it targets oily skin in particular and I found it very effective.

The next thing is makeup. Obviously, when having oily skin, it is very difficult to maintain your makeup for a whole day because the oil smudges and rubs the makeup off. Now it's no secret that primers can help with that, but I just wanted to recommend some primers that I have found to be really beneficial. They are Benefit's Porefessional and Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer. With foundations, it is advised to use matte or mineral based foundations because it prevents excess oil. Some recommended foundations are Revlon ColourStay Makeup for Combination/ Oily Skin and Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup. You can also buy blotting paper sheets which absorb the oil in your face and are really affordable and convenient.

So there are some tips that I have discovered about how to prevent oily skin. I will hopefully be making more of these kind of posts. I hope this helped you or that you found this interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment