Wednesday 15 April 2015

Makeup Brushes!

Hello everyone! So as you can read by the title, I am going to be talking about makeup brushes. I personally think that using brushes to apply your makeup is the best method, because it is much more sanitary, as long as you take care of your brushes; which is something I will talk about in this post.

First of all, my collections varies in terms of price and uses. However, the brand I have the most brushes from is Real Techniques. Now everyone has probably already heard of the brand, but they are owned by Sam and Nic Chapman (Pixiwoo) and they range between £7.99- £25 per brush. They are amazing quality and apply makeup so well. In my collection, I have the Core Collection set, Eye set and powder brush. However, recently, I purchased a set of makeup brushes from Ebay after flicking through MakeupSavvy's Ebay Bargain's and I have to admit, they were much better than I thought they were going to be. I've had them for a month now and they haven't started fraying and they apply makeup very well. I also have a couple Wilko brushes, which I have previously done a review on.

When having makeup brushes, the most important thing is to take care of them. This means, washing them and storing them in a practical place. When cleaning your brushes, it is vital you use baby shampoo because using standard shampoo can damage the bristles and make them fray. I also use a 'brush egg' and it is basically a silicon egg-like shape which helps to clean makeup brushes more sufficiently without damaging them. They are super cheap and you can easy find them on websites such as Amazon and Ebay. After you have cleaned your brushes, I do not recommend leaving them upright to dry as this can weaken the handle, so place them on their side on a clean surface to dry naturally. For me, I like to have my brushes in front of me when I do my makeup, so I keep them in a holder case that I once again, got from Ebay.



1 comment:

  1. Must invest in a "brush egg" to help clean my brushes, thanks for sharing! xo

    http://livinglifewithsarahlillian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete