Friday 3 April 2015

Benefit: How To Look The Best At Everything //Review//

Hello everyone! So today I am going to be doing a review on a product I got a couple of weeks ago. It is Benefit's 'How To Look The Best At Everything Complexion Kit'. I was originally going to do this on a Tuesday for a Try Out Tuesday, but I had a power cut the day before and since then my wifi has been a bit on and off, so I apologise for that. Anyway, this kit comes in three types, light, medium and deep, all £25.50. The kit comes with mini's of their primer (POREfessional), foundation (Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow), 2 shades of concealer (Boi-ing 01 and 02) and powder (Hello Flawless). The kit also includes a brush and tips and tricks.

First of all, I have to admit, that I really like the packaging. It is laid out like a book and it looks incredibly girly and feminine. The packaging itself feels very well made and sturdy, so it would be practical for traveling. One thing about the packaging which I am not so keen on is the positioning of the mirror, which is placed behind the fold-out tips and tricks. Basically, if you want to use the mirror given then you have two bits of card flapping about, getting in the way, so I usually opt to using my own mirror.

The products them self, I was really pleased with. I assume the intention of this kit is to try out these products to see if you like them, and entice you to buy the full size. The primer has to be the best primer I have ever tried, it makes your makeup last for hours on end and helps to create a flawless, even finish. On the other hand, I had mixed emotions towards the foundation. It had quite a medium to heavy coverage, but I found it was too dark for me. Although, I can't blame Benefit, that's probably down to my incredibly pale skin. Again, I loved the concealer, although I have to stick to shade 01, because 02 is way too dark for me. The concealer is very creamy and that is a bonus for people like me who have sensitive skin. It covers blemishes pretty well and it does last a while, especially with the primer. For me, I think that the powder has to be one of the best products in this kit. It mattifies the face and it lasts a long time. It is also really easy to apply and it's the perfect shade for me.

Overall, I am really pleased with this complexion kit. All the products are great quality and definitely makes me want to go out and get the full sizes of the products. I would overall rate it a 4/5.





1 comment:

  1. I had my eye on this at Christmas! Its a great price to get to try a few things from Benefit. I love the Porefessional! xx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete