Saturday 25 October 2014

Zombie Red Riding Hood! ( Halloween Make-up #1)

Hello everyone! As you probably know, Halloween is approaching which means it's time to bring out the fake blood, liquid latex and creepy outfits! So this look is definitely one of my favourites for Halloween and it is *cue drum roll*.. Zombie Red Riding Hood! So this look can be quite complex, but it can be simplified. This tutorial will be in sections, so if you don't want to do the look exactly how I did it , you can skip parts. 

The Face
It took me several attempts to achieve the look I was going for, so please don't expect to look the exact way you imagined on your first attempt. However, with this zombie make-up, I wanted to do a half natural face, half zombie. I started off coating the right side of my face in liquid latex. This is optional, but I find that it creates a more realistic look and it is a lot easier to get off. Also, if you don't have liquid latex, I did a post on how to make it yourself. Anyway, once I let it dry, I dabbed fake blood over the liquid latex with a sponge, but still leaving some gaps. I then went over the gaps with different colours. If you have face paint, this will probably be better, but I only had eyeshadow. I used purple, blue, green, yellow and black to go over the fake blood. I used the same technique as the fake blood; dabbing it on. By using these particular colours, it creates the effect that your face is decaying, which for me, was the look I wanted. I then went over some areas with a darker red lipstick to make it look like the blood was more realistic. For the eyes, I completely coated the whole area in black and purple eyeshadow to look like it was bruised. 

For the other half of my face, I used quite simplistic make-up. For the eyes, I used neutral brown colours and winged eyeliner. For the lips I used a mix of Maybelline Colour sensational lip liner and an MUA lipstick. But basically any red lipstick will do. This is pretty much all I did for the face, it does take a while, about 20-30 minutes.But it's completely worth it!
The Neck
Now for me, the neck is my least favourite part of this whole make-up look. However, I am going to explain how I did it anyway because I'm sure anyone reading this will be able to do a better job than me. Similarly to the face, I first applied liquid latex to my neck. I then dabbed on fake blood, which was then continued with a darker lipstick. I also used eyeshadow for this, using purple and black. I was a lot messier with this than I was with the face, which is did on purpose by the way :). This step, is what creeps people out the most, so be prepared. I used a needle and thread and sewed the thread in the liquid latex to create the look that I had sewn my neck. I must remind you to be very careful with this as I don't want to create any casualties. If you don't have liquid latex, you will probably want to skip this step, unless you have a different way to create a sewn skin look. But please don't sew your skin. Okay, panic over.

Similarly to the face, I repeated the decaying look on sections of my arms and legs, but unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of them. Okay, well that's how you create the Zombie Red Riding Hood make-up look! Of course, you can use the same method but a different character, I just choose to be Red Riding Hood. If you try this, I hope it goes well and Happy Halloween everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment